Based in Picton, one hour south of Sydney, Arex Precision is a full-service engineering workshop. For more than 30 years, while working in a challenging manufacturing environment, Arex has not just survived but thrived. We have consistently delivered superior precision engineering solutions, primarily to the mining and rail industries. In recent years we have extended our services to the defence SME sector by participating in the Australian Industry Capability Program and the Sovereign Industrial Capability Program.
Arex was originally established as Wilton Engineering Pty Ltd in 1989 by Mitch Heffernan with the purpose of designing and manufacturing mechanical components and assemblies for a variety of industries. Mitch’s engineering career began at Qantas where he was an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer working on the international flight line and maintaining RAAF C130 Hercules. With that real-world experience, Mitch went on to build his own success story with Arex and his team, who have earned a reputation for delivering high quality, creative solutions for clients.
What we do
From small precision machine components to large complex assemblies or even complete machines, Arex provides an end-to-end, in-house precision engineering solution. Our services encompass mechanical design, precision machining, precision fabrication (including painting, protective coating and assembly), detailing and delivery to your site for final installation. We have a fully equipped workshop, qualified tradespeople and over 30 years of unbeatable experience.
Arex works with all quantities of orders, and a range of materials including plastics, ferrous, non-ferrous and alloy materials often to a tolerance of +/- 0.020mm.
At Arex we believe in a work ethic focused on:
- Collaboration – by working closely with you to deeply understand your needs and project constraints to ensure superior and reliable results.
- Creativity – by using our experience and insights from working in our core industries, technical manufacturing processes and our understanding of precision engineering.
- Honesty – through working with a high level of integrity and trustworthiness to achieve practical and affordable results.
- Quality and safety – by maintaining our ISO 9001 compliant Quality Management Systems to deliver exceptional quality products, components, and solutions.
- Efficiency – by operating a comprehensive in-house ‘one-stop shop’ focused on the delivery of efficient solutions for you.
Whether it’s simple components you’re looking for, complex assemblies, complete machines or problem solving, Arex is ready to advise and help you. Contact us today to discuss your needs.